High Interest/Low Level Book Titles
I asked Payton Carter, veteran special eduction teacher at Oakland High, for a suggestion of titles that his students have enjoyed reading. Here is his reply... (Add any other titles that you like by clicking "comments" below.)
Some novels that I've enjoyed working with are:
Holes - Louis Sachar
The Outsiders - SE Hinton
Monster - Walter Dean Myers
Slam - Walter Dean Myers
Shooter - Walter Dean Myers
Other types of books that students are interested in
reading:
The Rose That Grew from Concrete - Tupac's Poetry
California Drivers Manual
Others that I've heard are great but haven't used yet:
Bud, Not Buddy
Hatchet
Fast Sam, Cool Clyde and Stuff
Rumblefish
NexText adapted versions of Shakespeare plays
Hoops
Maniac Magee
Roll of Thunder, Hear my cry
Some novels that I've enjoyed working with are:
Holes - Louis Sachar
The Outsiders - SE Hinton
Monster - Walter Dean Myers
Slam - Walter Dean Myers
Shooter - Walter Dean Myers
Other types of books that students are interested in
reading:
The Rose That Grew from Concrete - Tupac's Poetry
California Drivers Manual
Others that I've heard are great but haven't used yet:
Bud, Not Buddy
Hatchet
Fast Sam, Cool Clyde and Stuff
Rumblefish
NexText adapted versions of Shakespeare plays
Hoops
Maniac Magee
Roll of Thunder, Hear my cry

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home