ACLU support of youth and teachers.

The local chapter of the ACLU has several avenues of support for teachers in Oakland. Although it is short notice, I highly recommend the Youth Conference that is coming up March 9. I’ve taken students to this nearly every year it has been held. (I’m quoted in this article about the impact of the conference on my students.)
In addition, they are a great resource for information and advocacy for youth rights. And they support ACLU Student Clubs.
They have an extensive video lending library and other education resources available for free.
Finally, ACLU organizes an amazing (and free) summer learning/traveling opportunity that one of your highly motivated students might be interested in.
If all this is up your alley, I encourage you to drop an email to Eveline Chang (echang@aclunc.org), the ACLU-NC Youth Program Director, letting her know that you want to keep in the loop… This way you’ll also be one of the first to be invited to the amazing (and once again free!) fall activist student/teacher retreat they host.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home